Healthy Little Tums Project
Healthy Little Tums Project!
Healthy Little Tums Project provides a free packed lunch to children aged 2-11 years.
Children who arrive at school or nursery without breakfast and a healthy lunch are more likely to be disruptive, unwilling to learn and find it more difficult to listen and participate in activities.
Young children need nutrients to perform to the best of their ability and for their brains and bodies to function in any learning environment.
Working with parents, The DWP, Schools and Family Centres, we identify and provide a free healthy packed lunch.
This will raise achievement and attainment standards of early and foundation stage outcomes in education.
Children receiving a free packed lunch will experience improved health, attendance and achievement in school.
They will also gain knowledge of healthy eating and a healthy lifestyle.
Our criteria for free packed lunches are;
- Parents must not be in receipt of the following benefits **
- Income Support
- Income based job seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support from The National Asylum Support Services
- Receiving Child Tax Credit
2. Annual income must be above £16,200
3. Children must not be entitled to or already in receipt of a hot free school meals
4. Children must be attending full time education at nursery, early years or school
5. Parents must be willing to attend two life-skills workshops.
** Please note if you are in receipt of the above benefits your child/children are entitled to ‘Free Hot school meals‘. Please contact your child’s school office for further information.
** Free packed lunches are avaliable from May 2013